Monday, March 21, 2016

My baby is 7!

Yes I know calling him a baby is not smiled upon but I don't care. 7 years ago he blessed Tyler and I more than we could ever know.  Gage is just an amazing kid. He is easy! When he starts acting up or starts getting whiny he's easy to snap out of it. We've been extremely lucky with him and everyday I'm thankful for him. It's true I really didn't know how blessed we were with Gage till Nash came along. That sounds terrible I know but its kinda true. Nash is a huge blessing in another sort, both boys offer different things to us. Gage is an amazing brother. He's always looking out for Nash. We learned that Nash is allergic to Cashews this year and possible peanuts. Gage has been the biggest worry wart with it and he's always checking everything! As far as brothers go I love their cute relationship and I hope it always stays that way. 

Gage is quiet but I'm thankful for it now. A few years back It would drive me crazy that he wouldn't talk peoples ears off. It would bother me that people didn't get to see his talkative side but now I'm ok with it. He's respectable and well mannered and I highly admire those traits.

He's doing so well in school. The teacher just loves him and has even said a few times he's her favorite. I know she might say that to everyone but I'll pretend its only Gage. :) 
He has a lot of friends and does well playing with anyone. I'm still adjusting to the friend thing and its hard having him come home from school and immediately want to go outside and play. Having him gone all day at school is hard enough! Its hard sharing him but a mamas gotta learn to let go I guess. 

He's not into kid things anymore and its a little rough. He doesn't play with toys unless you call sports equipment toys. He will always choose to play outside rather than in. He doesn't watch cartoons anymore and is currently obsessed with kid game shows. He will say things that surprise the crap outta me. He knows way too much and sometimes he worries way too much. He's a thinker and as much as I love it I hope it doesn't limit him later on. He's a sports maniac and he knows more than most adults. He's finally in a baseball team thats a little competitive and we're excited about that! He did really well in basketball and he's excited to be able to play football this year. I know our lives will forever be sports involved and we're completely ok with that! 

He's not perfect. He hates showers, stalls bedtime, hates wearing certain clothes, fights us on homework sometimes, and can be whinny. We love you Gage and we're extremely proud of you! 

No comments: