Monday, December 28, 2015

14 weeks and finding out he or she!

Saturday December 26th we made an appointment for Fetal Fotos. I would be 14 weeks and that's the earliest you can try and find out the sex. We of course love Fetal Fotos and they assured us that they wouldn't tell us unless they were 100%. If they were unable to tell us we could come back for free till they could. Win/Win if you ask me! Yes I could have just waited till our 20 week ultrasound but that's just not my style! The 4 of us were so excited!

 We got right back into our appointment and told the tech to not tell us if she figured it out to have us close our eyes. We asked her to tell Gage after the appointment, same thing we did with Nash. Right away she had us close our eyes and said she was pretty sure already but wanted to be 100%. The cord was between the legs and she wanted to get it out of the way. She did some pokes and had me lay on my side for a few minutes. When she came back in she had us close our eyes and said "oh there we go, don't open your eyes!" she was super confident and that made me think right away boy! The rest of the ultrasound went perfectly. Baby had its head into my back so we got a lot of alien looking pictures. I love seeing the heart beating away. Baby was moving its hands all over the place, and moving a ton! We finished up and left Gage in the room. At this point I was pretty sure my boy thoughts were correct until Gage came out of the room. You could tell he was trying to have a poker face but he looked pissed. Tyler and I both laughed and told him to look away so he didnt give it up! She put the results in a green envelope and we went into the car. We pulled out our camera and recorded him telling us that it was a BABY SISTER! 
I was shaking during recording and tearing up. Nash was excited but mostly concerned about getting his socks off. Dang kid hates shoes and socks. Gage was cute but for sure disappointed he wanted another brother. Since the appointment he's more excited and knows how lucky he is to have Nash. When I turned the camera off I just started crying. Tyler got emotional too and we just sat in the car hugging. It was a moment I'll never forget. A moment I envisioned but never imagined would come true. I was all prepared for another boy in our family. I was totally ok with it and knew it would happen. I still can't believe we will be welcoming a little girl this June. A few weeks prior we spent the day at Brynlee's and Kimberlee's dance performances. I sat in my seat just thinking about what my little girl would look like. Would she have my blonde hair? My curls? My high pitch voice? Would she dance like me? Or be a tom boy? I teared up just thinking that I would probably never know. Now I will get to find out those things! It still gives me chills and I'm extremely thankful. 

We left Fetal Fotos and decided to start spreading the news! My parents were in Arizona for a NFL Game. I promised I would call them first! It was a perfect phone call and made things so exciting! We then called Tyler's Grandparents and more excitement! We were right next to my grandparents so stopped there and let them do our scratch cards! Their reactions were so fun! Lots of hugs and I knew its!
We then headed over to my sisters, again lots of screaming and excitement! We finished off by calling Tyler's parents and brother just cause we couldn't wait any longer. 
It was such a special day! Today 2 days later I watched the video they give you of the ultrasound. It was fun to be able to see the parts she made us close our eyes for. This baby is for sure a girl. With both my boys you could instantly tell they were boys. With this baby there was nothing between the legs and those 3 lines they search for. 
Yay for a beautiful baby girl and two protective brothers! Now onto the naming game! 

I'm still feeling really good, no complaints! Pregnancy and me do well together and I'm extremely thankful for that! I'm getting bigger and less bloat more baby. Still sleeping really well and still eating well, maybe too well. I'm slowly working into maternity pants and they're oh so comfy! I'm feeling baby now and thats been amazing! I usually feel her most at night before bed. We're getting excited for upcoming trips and family time! 

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Can't wait to meet baby girl Lintz! We love her so much already!