Sunday, September 23, 2012

Yesterday was the dirty dash and it was a blast! We were team honey-badgers, and if you're not familiar with the "honey-badgers" you should youtube it. We had one other team member but he decided work was more important than getting muddy. ;) Our wave was at 10:00a.m, it was the perfect running day. The race was so much fun, I haven't laughed that hard in awhile. It was so laid back and nobody really ran it. At certain obstacles you would have to wait in lines to do the obstacles, that would give you some time to rest and relax. I did so good, I'm super proud of myself, I ran it and I killed those hills. I did every obstacle besides the monkey bars and that was because Tyler couldn't even do them. They were right under a sprinkler and nobody (yes nobody) could do them. They had some crazy obstacles that I was super proud of myself for doing. Walls to jump over with no stools or help. A double wall (maybe 12+ feet tall) that you had to climb up with a rope and jump over, then climb down the other side. Being 5'2-5'3 I was pretty imitated but I did it with no problems. My training for sure paid off, and this race was actually easier then any of the training runs I did.  I would love to do it again and I would love to look into a partner mud run with Tyler. Tyler, Kelsie and I made a great team, I couldn't have done it without them. I'm checking this 10k off my bucket list! I think I would for sure do another mud run, no way I would ever do any race without mud! haha! 

Before the race..
IMG_1494
After! 
IMG_1499IMG_1495IMG_1497IMG_1498
When the photographers post their pictures I'll try to get them blogged. They only had like 2 photographers out on the course so that was kinda a bummer. 

IMG_1507
After we cleaned up and headed to our first Real Game. We loved it and they won! I think I even liked it better than Bee's Games and I love Bee's Games. After the Game we asked Gage what he liked best and he said, the GOAL! I sure do love that boy! 
IMG_1508IMG_1509IMG_1512IMG_1513IMG_1514

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hi! New(ish) follower here. LOVE finding blogs with boys a bit older than mine so I can see what's in store for my future. Gage is adorable! Feel free to stop by my blog sometime and say hi!