Wednesday, October 17, 2012

We are in!

I still can't believe it but we are all in the new house! I have so much to blog about but so little time. Also the reason I blog is for my blog book, well that's about 2 years behind. I need to hire someone for that! On my birthday Monday October 8th we closed on our house. It was such a great feeling, and the best birthday present ever! We got the keys the next night and immediately took all our family over to show it off! We were shocked to find it super clean, and well kept. The yard looked great, the house looked great, exactly how we remembered it. With short sales we hear they can be pretty trashed, so we are so thankful. The house has two kitchens and she left us both fridges. So we now have two completely stocked kitchens. The next two days we spent cleaning, then Friday night Tyler and I painted the master bedroom grey. We are not the best painters and we tried to touch up a front room wall and ended up making it a complete need to redo. Thankfully that's all we needed to paint and the bedroom turned out really nice. I didn't take any photos before we got in which sucks. I do have some I saved of when it was on the market. I can compare it to that since it looks pretty much the same. Saturday oct 13th we got the uhaul and moved in. We had so much help, seriously thank you everyone for all your help! We got it all in so fast, and started unpacking right away.

 Our first night sleeping here was interesting. Gage was so good, he's actually slept amazing since we've been in. Mr. Snoop though struggled not having the doggie door and smelling the new place. We are now on day 5 and things are starting to feel like home. I must admit though, we went back to the old house tonight to get the mail. We don't have renters yet so we can go in and out as much as we please. Gage and I went inside and both had a crying moment. Gage said he missed this house, and that made me miss the memories. I guess I'm a weird one that thinks about the house sitting their all alone. See told ya I'm weird. I think about everything in that house and all we did. We were only there for 5 years, so who knows how I would act with longer. I know this new home will start feeling like home. Hopefully when we get someone living in the house that will help too. Don't get me wrong I love love our new house. It's just been different leaving the other behind. The important things are unpacked and the decorations are starting to go up. Daycare started on Monday and that's starting to fall into place. The new house is perfect for daycare, just a little more of a drive for my daycare parents.  So that's about it for now, life has been crazy with unpacking. As soon as there is more decorating done ill post some pictures. It's seriously a beautiful house, I'm so so proud to call it mine!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

I totally understand the missing of the old house! I was completely distraught over leaving my house. And even after being here 5 months I still miss it. The memories and how much we did to that place to make it ours. Now we have to start over making it ours. It will come! I can't wait to see pics! Congrats!

Vanessa said...

you should be proud to call it yours, its beautiful!! So happy for you guys and glad it's all done =))