Monday, August 6, 2012

Fall the season of craziness and new adventures

Well It's now August, how crazy is that! Fall is my favorite season full of everything I love! I'm booking for October with my photography business and I about died realizing no more weekday sessions! I'm sad to see summer go but I'm ready for what's ahead. Well here goes nothing...

On Tyler's birthday we received a counter offer on our short sale. We were pretty bummed but we wanted this house so much. Our first offer was significantly lower than the asking price so we knew we were pushing it. We countered their counter and waited. Last week we received another counter. Wow the bank was just not budging. We did some work with our lender and made the new amount work, so we accepted on Friday. We ended up agreeing on an amount still less than asking and they will be paying all our closing costs, still an amazing deal for this beautiful home. So now what? Well this week we wait for the bank to approve our signatures and sign themselves. Then we sign the purchase agreement and schedule our inspection. After this takes place we close, our realtor said the first of September but we will see. Our feelings are all over the place, happy, nervous, excited, stressed, anxious, up down, up down. I'm mainly excited, since we've been waiting for this moment since April it all seems unreal. This house is amazing, We're in love with it. Gage can't wait to move and he is so excited to have a new room. I've never moved an entire house so I'm a little overwhelmed with packing, I don't even know where to start. There is so much to do, we have to start looking for renters or a property management company. We have to pack and we have A LOT of stuff! Thank goodness all my daycare parents are coming with me but I now have to get all re licensed with West Jordan for both daycare and photography. Thankfully the house is in awesome shape, all the carpet and flooring is great and the paint colors are decent. We are going from a house with 1500 sf to 2700 sf, so we need more furniture but of course that part is the fun part! I think someone just needs to slap me because I can't believe its finally happening. Be expecting many new house posts, I can't wait for what's to come with that.

Also Gage will be starting preschool this month! Yes Preschool I can't believe it! He's going to a great in home school and his teacher is highly recommended. We went to orientation today and I about cried while sitting their talking to his teacher. I'm sure that would of made a great first impression. He was so grown up and so well mannered. He was so excited I don't think he stopped smiling once. I think it's so important for him to experience things like this without me. Yes I could easily do everything Mrs. Brown is doing but he needs another adult doing that. It's so important for kids to have time away from mom & dad and preschool I believe is super important.  I will be posting much more on that as well.

In sad news this month we said goodbye to our sweet Kodiak.
IMG_0708
We will sure miss him so much!! He was very sick and not eating, moving, drinking, so we knew it was time. He was 14 years old and I'm so thankful our family had so many wonderful years with him. He was such a fun sweet dog. He loved to go mouse hunting and he loved to go on walks. I remember being in high school trying to take him running. My parents made me take him because I liked to go when it got dark. He was the smartest dog, I swear I taught him to say Mama and I wish now I would've got that on video. We love you Kodiak, I know you're so much happier now!

Seeing Kodiak go taught me a lot this month. I've learned just how short life is, and I make sure to enjoy it more. So many things can happen at any second, I'm thankful for everything in my life!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Your right Amber, Kodiak has taught us how much we can love someone. He will be deeply missed everyday!!!