Tuesday, September 13, 2011

No heat curls

I recently took interest in Pinterest.com. It's a site where you can pull little "pins" of stuff you like together and keep track of different ideas. You can use it for decorating your house, clothes, kid stuff, wedding ideas, photography ideas, it has it all. I found this tutorial on no heat curls. You can find the YouTube video HERE. I'm trying to grow my hair out so anything I could do that involves no heat or damage I was interested. Turns out after watching the video it looked super easy. So last night I took a shower and blow dried my hair, next time I will air dry. After it was dried I put some smoothing serum in ( I used a knock off Paul Mitchell). I also ran some cheap hair gel in as well. It took me about 20 mins to get it all rolled up, I'm sure the more I do it the faster it would go. I used two big bobby pins to hold the back in a little tighter. I slept all night on it (so7 hours). When I woke up it actually stayed put which was surprising cause I'm a crazy sleeper. I pulled out the head band and was shocked. The curls looked great and they are still looking great 5 hours later. I ran some more serum in and called it good. A few things though.

You most likely will want to either leave your bangs out or pull your bangs back afterwards. I curled my bangs in with my hair and they just looked really silly.

The less hair you pull back each time the more curls. I wanted tight curls this time so I pulled less back each time. Next time I will try it differently, my hair is very curly sue.

As you can see in my photo the back is noticeable where the headband was and where the curls started. It almost looks like I had a hat on. I think next time I will put the headband higher. I might have to curl a few strands in the back too.

All in all I'm excited I found this. I think it will help with growing my hair out but still give me a style. If you have any other videos you've seen send them my way!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

So I watched that video and it's pretty cool but I definitely think the curls look way better on the longer haired chicks! Looks so pretty in your hair!