Monday, August 15, 2011

Strugis

Wow! What a trip! It was a lot of fun to get away and relax with good people. I really have no complaints about anything, it was a blast. When Sturgis was first mentioned to me a year ago I think I said no in 2 seconds. Thousands of bikes, nudity, crazy people, and heat sounded stupid and not worth my week of vacation. Well when we found out Brandon's dad purchased a house things sounded a little better. I recently have became really fond of the Harley and going on rides so that pushed my decision. After adding up things I decided I would do it for Tyler cause he really wanted to go. So off we go to take Gage to my parents house along with Kimberlee, Krew, Snoop, Rico and Harley. Yes Yes I know what you're saying right now, how terrible of us. Well if anyone could do it it's my mom and dad. They were more then willing too and the fact that I knew he would have too much fun and spoiled galore helped the situation. Not to mention Vanessa and Bradon and the great grandparents helped out as well. Yes that's what family is for, we would do it for them in a second that's how we do things in the D Fam. I will not lie though as we were pulling away from my parents house I did shed a few tears. This was the longest time we had been away from Gage. I do believe it's important to get away once in a while as a couple, for mommy/daddy time, but it was hard. Thank you mom and dad for spoiling and loving our sons while we played. I can not thank you enough for everything you do. We are so lucky to have you! So we are off on a 10 hour car ride, which sucked! I can't complain though as we are driving by bikes that have been on the road for days.
IMG_6805-2
IMG_6806-2
IMG_6807-2IMG_6810-2
IMG_6811
The ride actually went by really fast. We talked about normal things like Gorillas. We arrived in Deadwood South Dakota around 5p.m. we made great timing. The house we stayed at was perfect, we each had our own little room and tons of space. Thanks Don for being so welcoming and the hostess with the mostest. We met up with Julie and Kurt for a few then took off to kick off the trip.
IMG_6817
IMG_6813
IMG_1778
IMG_1779
IMG_1780
I think we went to sleep at 9 the first night, we were beat! We made up for it though the rest of the trip.
The next day we took a ride into Sturgis to check things out. It's so crazy, everywhere you go or ride there is hundreds of bikes. Tyler told me that he heard there was over 300,000 bikes there this year. It was a lot of fun to people watch and ride in the cool weather. We were actually lucky to have great weather most of the trip. Not too hot, overcast, a few rainstorms but they were actually not bad.
IMG_6821
IMG_1793
IMG_6822
IMG_1796
IMG_1804
IMG_6825
IMG_6826
IMG_6834
IMG_6843
We went and checked in for the awesome ride Don did for us. It's called the Legendary Ride and it had a limited number of openings. Dinner, and a Concert at the end. It was really cool to ride with everyone and see the crazy cool bikes.
IMG_6842
IMG_6846
Our ride took us to the famous Buffalo Chip Campground and holy moly was it crazy! Acres and Acres of land with tents, trailers, vendors, bikes, people, it was crazy! We had dinner and people watched until the Buckcherry/Def Leppard concert. It started out a little boring but then Shirley jumps up and says lets zip line! They had a zip line that went from one end of the concert area to the next right over all the people, it was sweet. I had never zip lined so I was kinda nervous, It was tons of fun and so glad we did it!
IMG_6849
IMG_6853
IMG_6854
IMG_6855
IMG_1864
The concert was fun, Buckcherry was good and Def Leppard was old. Haha So thankful for Don for doing that for us, it made the night perfect! Riding home that night back to the house was so dang cold, I was stupid enough to wear shorts so the chilly canyon air was not my friend that night! That tops off day 1!
Day 2 we woke up to meet up with Julie and Kurt. They took us on a little ride to Rapid City Harley Store and boy were we suprised. The amount of bikes there was just crazy!
IMG_6860
IMG_6861
IMG_1882
IMG_6862
IMG_6863
IMG_6865
We did a little shopping and bike watching and headed back to Sturgis. We got some lunch and bummed around the main street. They block off a few roads in town for all Cars and only let bikes go through. My pictures do not do any justice for the amount of people and bikes.
IMG_6866
IMG_6867
IMG_6869
IMG_6870
IMG_6875
IMG_6878
IMG_6883
That night we went back to Deadwood, BBQ'd up some hamburgers with everyone and went gambling. It was fun to be with everyone and I always love some Gambling.
IMG_6885
IMG_6886
Julie and Kurt headed back to camp and we headed back to a favorite of ours Salon #10, :). The band was really fun that night and we all (minus Brandon, boo) danced the night away! Fire!
IMG_1919
IMG_1920
Day 3 and we head off to see Mt. Rushmore. It was a rainy ride, kinda scary at times but it cleared up fast.
We didn't pay to go in because we were quite happy with our view from the side of the road and these photos.
IMG_6893
IMG_1952
IMG_6899
IMG_6900
IMG_6902
IMG_6903
We then took a little ride into Hill City and had some lunch. It was another town flooded with bikes.
IMG_6904
IMG_6906
After that we went to Deadwoods Cementary where Wild Bill is burried. It was quite the hike around the place but it was super creepy but kinda cool. Old places with so much history are quite interesting to me. It was another great, easy going day for sure!
IMG_6907
IMG_6908
We took our easy going day and made it a crazy night. We decided to head over to the famous full throttle saloon. I guess there is a reality show and it's quite good, I will start watching it now. That place was really cool and not as crazy as buffalo chip. We had won tickets from kber to a concert there that night but never ended up actually going to it. We had enough fun watching the crazies and the shows. Oh and before you think to yourself, wow amber has two beers in her hand, we had buy one get one free coupons people. We had to use them all! ;)
IMG_1980
IMG_6914
IMG_6917
IMG_6918
IMG_6920
IMG_6933
IMG_6958
IMG_6959
Day number 4 we decided to go bum around sturgis main street again. We had a little more shopping to do and wanted to watch some burnouts. We made a stop at the Sturgis Fire dept where we got Tyler a shirt and patch. I bought my new cute helmet, we did some good people watching and called it good.
IMG_6974
IMG_6978
IMG_6983
IMG_2042
IMG_2046
IMG_6985
That night we went to Coyote Ugly Sturgis style. It was dead compared to anything else we did the entire trip. Once we walked in they started calling girls up on stage. I always thought it would be fun to dance on the bar at coyote but I pictured it more in a crazy setting than this. Anyways I decided to get up and dance and had some fun doing it! Afterwards we went back over to our favorite salon #10! Yes it's really saloon #10 but we have quite a few inside jokes on this trip! That night we danced some more, took pictures with randon hoochie girls, gambled and won, walked the deadwood strip, ran in the rain, and laughed more then I had in a long time. It was probably my favorite night.
IMG_7000
IMG_6997
IMG_2049
IMG_2055
The next morning we woke up to begin the trek back to our babies! It was a way longer ride on the way home or so it seemed. When you have 3 of the worst backseat drivers in the car! ;)

So would I go back to Sturgis? Yes, but I have many more places on my list to do before another Sturgis Vaca. It was a lot of fun and we made so many memories. I still think I'm more of a beach, sand in my toes, ocean kinda girl or even Disneyland. Being a biker chick is quite fun though, way more carefree and crazy!

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Looks like a blast!!! Like you I am more of beach chick!

Shirley said...

Amber what a great synopsis of our trip! It was so much fun and I LOVE all the little inside jokes you snook in there! FIRE! I love you and Tyler and had so much fun hanging out with you guys! I understand the beach is grand but their is something about gambling, bikes and crazy people that make me laugh and smile much more than I do at a beach! Your pictures look amazingly crisp, clean and beautiful. I will be calling you soon to ask you why! I too couldn't have asked for anything better or different! I am sure we will be back again OR when the boys go we will be with the kidos driving 10 hours in the other direction to Disneyland! I love your sweet face! Woooo Salt LAKE CITY baby!!!! Wooo Wooo!

Shirley said...

Amber what a great synopsis of our trip! It was so much fun and I LOVE all the little inside jokes you snook in there! FIRE! I love you and Tyler and had so much fun hanging out with you guys! I understand the beach is grand but their is something about gambling, bikes and crazy people that make me laugh and smile much more than I do at a beach! Your pictures look amazingly crisp, clean and beautiful. I will be calling you soon to ask you why! I too couldn't have asked for anything better or different! I am sure we will be back again OR when the boys go we will be with the kidos driving 10 hours in the other direction to Disneyland! I love your sweet face! Woooo Salt LAKE CITY baby!!!! Wooo Wooo!