Sunday, August 21, 2011

BIG BOY BED

After we got home from Sturgis we hurried and got Gage's new bed all set up. We thought about converting his crib but decided we would just save that for baby #2 and buy him his own. We wanted something with a lot of storage and I was very happy with our purchase, it's great for him. He was so excited when it was all set up it was the cutest thing ever. He loves that his books are right there and he reads them before each nap. He has now been sleeping in his bed for a week and has done so good. While Tyler was at the station this week he woke up two nights and wanted to get in bed with me. He did this though too when he was in his crib so I can't blame it on the bed. I used to be a sucker and let him sleep with me but I stuck to it and he went back down pretty fast. The last few nights no waking and his naps are as good as ever. I'm so proud of him and glad that we didn't rush it. I love that he loves it! This last week we also stopped using straw sippy cups. If you know Gage you know that he loved to devour anything in those stupid cups. He would drink 10oz of milk in two minutes. Well we are now on normal cups and normal hard sippies and he is drinking way less thank goodness. This will help with his potty training we want to start soon. I'm not gonna rush this one I want to make sure he is ready when we start. I think we are going to go right into underwear and see how he does. I'm so proud of my big boy, this week he turns 2.5. It's so crazy how fast they grow!


2 comments:

Kim said...

Oh how cute Grandma Kim is so so proud of him too!!! I love his bed it is nice and Gage is looking good on showing it!!!xoxoxox

Shirley said...

Bed is so cute! He is so adorable! I am glad it is all working out for you ok!