Friday, November 19, 2010

Crazy Weekend!

Life is busy busy, but that's nothing new. I still haven't got around to finishing Gage's 1st year blog book, ahh I swear I've been bad with my to-dos!

Tyler had two fires this last shift, scary but for him he loved it. Thursday night we went to a banquet for Midvale's 100th year celebration. It was fun getting all dressed up and enjoying a night out. I really wanted to get a picture of us, cause lets face it we looked good! :) Lately though I have been a scatterbrain and left my camera in Gage's diaper bag. :( Boo hoo for me.

I still can't believe how much my photography has taken off! I did my 3rd wedding a week ago and I already have 4 weddings booked for next year! I'm doing sessions only on the weekends now, because of the sunlight but still doing 4-5 sessions a weekend! It has been such a rocky, fun, crazy, experience but I wouldn't change anything. I have learned so much already and I know I will just keep learning more. If you didn't already know my photography blog is http://www.amberlintzphotography.blogspot.com/

I'm still doing the weight challenge and it has been fun! I've lost 6.5lbs as of the last week of October. I would like to shed 6 more in the challenge. It's weird though I feel bigger now then when I started, haha but that's just me and my craziness. I've been working out about 6 times a week, and I have started going back to the gym. I also have been doing Insanity workouts, which are pure crazy! I don't think I'm going to win the competition but it sure gives me huge motivation! 5 more weeks!
Gage is in the best stage. He is almost 21 months and he is talking like crazy. He is finally starting to tell us what he wants. It's such a nice change from the grunts and points. He repeats everything, loves being naked, loves being outside with the moon, loves snacking, loves nemo and happy feet, loves to look at belly's and say ewww, loves the number 2, loves shoes, loves to jump off everything, loves to boss around Snoop, will now hold his finger to his lips and say shhh, told the doctor thank you after getting his flu shot this year, loves playing with his friends, he now loves to stand against the wall and say cheese as we take a picture hence this.....
and this....

He loves the camera, which I would be surprised if he didn't. He is seriously the funniest (I know that is not a word) kid I know. I know this might be inappropriate but as I was changing his diaper the other day out of the blue he grabs himself and yells Wiener!! Then laughs with Tyler and I afterwards, he's a crackup. Saturday morning we had a huge cuddle fest in our bed. I seriously live for mornings like this and I wish we had more of them. Gage was extra happy so we made sure to take some extra cheesy pictures. Look at his gut, haha he sure loves that thing.
Saturday was nonstop for me. I had a maternity session early morning. After raced over to the craft store for some supplies for that evening. Raced home to set up my studio for a cake smash session. As I was cleaning up that I dropped a 50+ piece of plywood on my big toe. It hurt like crazy and bruised under neath my toenail instantly. I was in pain but that never stops me so I hurried to my next destination Ili's baby shower. It was a lot of fun and I got to see some of my besties! Take one....

Take 2, awww much better! Haha!Ili is perfect pregnant, I'm so excited for them to be parents!
I rushed home from that picked up my supplies for craft night and rushed out the door again. At this point toe is getting worse but I'm being a trooper.

Craft night was with my long lost friends! It made me realize how I really need to start making time for friends more often. Thank goodness I have amazing friends and they realize how crazy my life is right now with work. Things will be changing now, it started this weekend and continues tonight with Jamie & Natasha!

Anyways we met at Mika's new house, which is to die for and I wanted to move in right away. As I watched them eat Cafe Rio and fought off my urge for just one chip, I was proud of me! The girls were doing really fancy crafts, I settled for something a little more elementary and made this..I'm not a crafter at all, one day I hope to get better and more advanced with this! It was such a fun night and I can't wait for next time!! I drove home in the worst part of the snowstorm Saturday night, it wasn't fun! When I got home I just broke down into tears cause my toe was killing me! I know, I know it's just a toe but seriously the pain was a joke! Tyler was amazing this weekend, he deserves a medal from me. I was able to fall asleep that night but woke up once the meds wore off around 2. After that I was up all night pacing, icing, elevating, soaking, nothing worked and the pain just got worse. So after a night from hell we dropped Gage off at my moms and headed to instacare. We were there for 2.5 hours, it was lovely. When they first saw my toe she informed me that all the blood under my nail was pushing against my nerves and that's what was causing all the sharp pain. To get rid of that they drilled/burned two small holes into my toenail to release the blood and pressure. It sounds painful but it helped a lot. I had an xray and the results were complicated. They said that some people have two bones in one spot in the toe, and some have one. I had two but they couldn't tell if it was one bone broken or two not broken. Complicated huh? The doctor on call couldn't make the decision so we have to wait till tuesdayish to find out the results. They casted me up to be safe and gave me crutches. Told me to stay off my foot, which I haven't at all. Not what I wanted to hear at all. After I left the pain was so much better. I slept perfect last night and today I've had no pain at all! I'm thinking it's not broken cause you would think I would have pain still if so. So I wait till tomorrow to hear the results and until then I'm stuck with this...
It's a big pain in the butt, I hate it! Besides all the Sunday Craziness we woke up to this...
I loved it, just sad that I didn't get play time in it with Gage. He is already obsessed and spent some good time outside with dad!

So that was our crazy weekend! We are getting excited for Thanksgiving this week and our normal numerous visits! Hopefully we can get our tree up this week and decorations!

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Amber I loved the pics of you guys and Gagey in bed! What a babe! I am so sad about your toe and your Saturday was ridiculously busy! Wow!

TJones said...

What cute pictures with your little cut up! Sorry about your toe, that sounds horrible! You are one busy lady!