Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Gage starts 1st grade!

Gage started the big 1st grade this year and he's doing awesome! His school also went to traditional which was a big change as well. No more off tracks and longer summers. Gage gets kinda bored at home during off tracks so we're thinking it will be a good change. Gage is such a good kid and he really thrives in school. When I took him to his orientation the teacher asked me to leave so she could test him. 15 minutes later I get called back in and she's just amazed. His reading level is over the normal 1st grade level. We kinda knew that would be the case cause he's a great reader. She also said he tested above the charts on everything. She called him advanced a few times and I can't deny I was super proud mama. I got in the car and just started crying tears of joy. He makes us so proud and he's just a great kid. Right now Mr. Nash is in the heart of toddler tantrums so its nice to have Gage to put me back to reality. He's adjusted well to being in school all day and he loves school lunch. His teacher is Mrs. Olsen and she's really been great! He says his favorite part of school is recess and his friends are Jackson, Gage,  Grayson, Tyson, Reece. That right there is huge cause he's a shy kid so making friends is a big step! Love you Gage, I hope you never lose your love for school. 

No comments: