Monday, March 24, 2014

Progress



Back in January Shirley talked me into signing up for the Salt Lake half marathon. When I signed up I could barely run a mile without feeling like death. I had a few runs where I thought, what the crap am I doing?? February came and the runs turned into 5-6 mile runs and things were getting easier (dare I say that) rather than harder. Then March comes around and the runs are 10-11 miles and I'm not dying! I'm completing these runs that once seemed impossible but I'm actually looking forward to them. I'm running these runs at a kinda decent pace of 9.30-10.50 a mile. The first marathon will be April 19th and yes I said first. I signed up for another half with Tyler, Shirley, Brandon on June 14th.
I'm feeling so comfortable with myself, I'm liking what I see in the mirror. I'm proud every time I finish a run and I love the runners high. I'm feeling so healthy and that tops everything! Running is kinda therapeutic for me and I love the thinking I can do during it. I would've never thought I'd consider myself a runner but I think I am! Thanks to Shirley who made me make this crazy decision and for pushing me. It's been way nice having a running partner and someone to keep me going!  It just goes to show you never know if you will be good at something until you try! 

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Amber I am so proud of you and I love hearing this! You are a rockstar and I love that we have done this together. I couldn't disagree with you more though, ha! I don't get a runners high, I can't think about anything when I run but the next mile and I think it is safe to say I hate it ha ha ha! However, I do love the fitness satisfaction that it brings! I am excited for you to wear in your new Brooks! XO