Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Gage is 5!


I can't believe this handsome boy turned 5 on Sunday! 
Gage you're such an incredible boy, we're so lucky to have you! This past year you've grown up so much and you have really taken onto the brother role. Your love for life and having fun makes our lives more enjoyable. You love getting out and doing new things. You're not one or have you ever been a "calm kid." You're still very shy and as much as I've tried to break your shell I'm beginning to realize that's just you. You love kids of all ages but you always try to keep up with the older ones. You love being the boss and sometimes this can cause problems. You're very athletic and anything you do you always do great. Your list of things you want to do in life is endless. You're extremely smart and you can already read a few books!! I know every parent thinks their kids a genius but I can't believe some of the things you do! You always keep us laughing and I should really keep a record of some of the crazy things you say. You love your little brother more than anything and I'm so thankful for that! You've been such a huge helper with him, patient and understanding with me. You're not one to sit and cuddle but when you do it melts our hearts. You're a huge perfectionist and everything you do has to be perfect. You have a routine with somethings like bedtime, mornings. We've learned to not mess with your routine, you get that from both of us! 
You love music and dancing. You love football and really enjoyed watching it this year on tv. You went from a kid that we would never take to restaurants or stores to one that does awesome at both. You've done so well with preschool and Mrs. Brown just adores you. You ask a million questions everyday and you catch onto everything. For your birthday you told me you wanted red, blue, yellow, and green balloons. I told you ok but you made sure to tell me to write it on my shopping list. You like helping out around the house and have asked me a few times when you can start having chores. You're no longer a little boy you're our little man! You're tall and skinny, 42lbs and 43 inches. You sleep awesome now and you're actually starting to sleep longer than 7! 
Your favorite colors are red and green. You're a good eater but you love corn dogs. mac and cheese, pears, and apples. You're not a morning person just like mama. You love games, board games, wii games, outside games, indoor games. I'm a little worried you're going to be too competitive. We're working on your losing skills.
 You're so amazing, everyone loves you so much!! 
Happy Birthday Gage! Everyday I thank my lucky stars you're in our lives. 
You're the perfect mix of both of us and the light of our lives!! 

1 comment:

Shirley said...

I can't believe this boy is 5 either. Gage really holds a special place in my heart, there is just something about that boy that ties us together forever!!! Love you Gagey!