Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A big commitment...

I'm already thinking oh what did I do??

 I will be running the Salt Lake 1/2 Marathon this year with my sister Shirley. A 1/2 marathon really?? I've never even ran a 10k besides the dirty dash and that really doesn't count. I needed something though, something that was going to push me when I needed it the most. I wish I could be that person that stays thin and continues to eat healthy but I'm just not. I struggle a lot with keeping my weight where it's at and keeping it off! I do fine losing weight, I've always been ok with that. I struggle once the weight is off. This year it's about health to me. I want to be healthier not only for myself but for my boys. I want people to look up to me and to be more proud of myself! I wanted to do something this year that gave me a challenge, so this is it. April 19th (holy crap that's so soon) will be a life changer for me. The next 14 weeks I will be busting my butt (literally) to train for this beast. 13 miles is ridiculous!! Thinking about this makes me want to cry but you know what, I can do it! I can do hard things and that is what this will prove to myself. I want to prove to myself that I can accomplish whatever I put my mind too. Even with it being hard and out of my comfort zone I will do it. When I finish the race I know every second of pain will be worth it! I can't wait to experience it and to watch my body change as well. My training regimen is pretty straight forward. I will be running 3-4 times a week, each week the runs getting longer. I will also add in cardio and strength training. I have a few motivators beside me who I know will help me out! Shirley has done a 1/2 before and having her with me will help out so much! Mr. Spartan race (Tyler)  himself will be helping me train and he's always my number one motivator! Gage is already talking about him watching me finish and how I'm going to beat everyone! I know for some a 1/2 is nothing but for me it's a huge, huge deal! 
So here goes nothing, maybe a start to an entire new passion for me! 

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Dear Amber, I love you, look up to you and am proud of you! The run itself is not the hard part, the training is! Stay strong, so strong and you will reap in the benefits. We will drink our water, suck our GU in our running shoes with our belts on! The commitment it takes to train is what I feel makes you grow mentally the strongest! I'm so excited to experience this with you and I can't believe how many runners there are! Geesh!