Saturday, June 29, 2013

Introducing Our Sweet Nash

He's here and perfect as can be! I've been wanting to sit down and write up his birth story so I don't forget any details. It all started on a warm summer night.... Haha

We ended up setting an induction date for June 26th, well after talking with our doctor and her mentioning Sunday June 23rd we switched it up.  Sunday was a much better day for us and all our family could be there. Saturday night we dropped Gage off at my parents and went home to "try" to sleep. I had the nesting bug big time and ended up cleaning most of the house. We finally went to bed around midnight but I was woken up at 1am to contractions. These were different, these were pretty painful. I went into the front room so Tyler could get some rest. Started timing them and they were anywhere from 5-8 minutes apart. Around 4am I decided to start getting ready cause there was no way I was going back to sleep. In between contractions I would brush my hair, or brush my teeth. The contractions were so bad I had to breathe them out and found myself on the bathroom floor a few times. I woke Tyler up at 5am to let him know we had to go early cause I wanted to get this rolling. That morning was the Super Moon and we can always joke that's what gave me the contractions. I expected to get to the hospital and be a 5-6 and not do pitocin, at least that's what I was hoping. We checked in and got put into our room. She started my IV, I swear that's the worst part. She checked me and I was still a 3 and 70%. That's when I realized I'm super thankful Pitocin exists. I'm pretty sure if I didn't have it I would be in labor for who knows how long. 

Christy was my nurse and she was so-so. She did everything we asked, and she was always in the room. She just had no personality and seemed a little out of it. She did take care of me great though, so I'm thankful for her. Pitocin & antibiotics for the strep B were started at 7:30a.m. Not long after my mom and Julie arrived. When my mom walked in my contractions had started. It was maybe 10 minutes after Pitocin had started that my contractions started getting intense. My doctor came in around 8 to break my water. She did that then checked me and I was already a 5 and completely thinned. We then knew that this labor was going to be a lot like Gage's, super fast. I told the nurse I was ready for my epidural when she gave me the Iv! I'm no fool I learned from Gage's birth the sooner the better. He still took his sweet time with getting into the room. It was the same guy who did Gage's epi, James. With Gage's epi he had to redo because it was wearing off. Well this time after he did it (which I didn't feel) I started having some crazy weird symptoms. My legs felt like they were on fire. I was still feeling contractions, My head was spinning, I was nauseous, and my ears were ringing. I quickly informed my nurse and James came back in. He had put the epi in the wrong place and had to redo it. I was in a lot of pain at that point and not the happiest. I started throwing up and was struggling big time. Thank goodness the second time went much smoother and things were feeling better. 

Not long after that all our families had arrived. I wish we would've got a picture of the waiting room cause I hear it was packed. I'm so thankful for all the love we have behind us! Around 11a.m I felt pressure so I asked to be checked again, and I was a 10. Only 3.5 hours it took me to go from 3-10. That's is why I'm a pitocin fan folks! I got super emotional at that point, I cried a little and was pretty scared. 9 months of pregnancy and here I was all ready to meet my newest son. Tyler, my mom, and Julie were in the room and they were amazing support. My nurse had me do a few practice pushes and had me holding off for a bit before Kathy came. That was torture because I could feel all the pressure. With Gage I was completely numb but this time I could feel all the pressure. I was not happy with waiting but seeing Kathy come in was a great sight! We pushed for 20 minutes and out came Nash at 11:57am. He was put right on my chest and he looked exactly like Gage. The emotion you feel at that moment can't be described. It's the best feeling in the world. Meeting this little guy that's been inside you for so long, having your loved ones beside you, feeling so accomplished, I was on cloud nine! He did great with all his tests and cried the entire time. He weighed in at 8lbs 7oz and 20 inches, he was a big boy.

A few minutes later Gage came in and it was such an amazing moment. He was all smiles and a little shy to meet his brother. That moment is one I will never forget! Our hospital stay was really nice. Tyler and I got a lot of alone time during the day with Nash, and we had most visitors at night. Nash passed his hearing test and all other tests. They were a little worried about his jaundice but thankfully the numbers have went down so we're good to go. He latched on and nursed perfectly right away. Since we've been home we're nursing, pumping, and using some formula at night. Little man will nurse for forever then come right off and act starving! Thank goodness for breast pumps! So there you have it, Nash's big entrance into the world. We're head over heels in love with him. He has made the perfect addition to our family! The best part of everything has been watching Gage interact with him. He will wake up and ask to hold him. He's all about helping me, he wants to feed him, burp him, rub his head, it's so cute! They look identical, so we already know we will have double trouble growing up! Now for the pictures!


Life is so good, we couldn't be more blessed!


Vanessa said...

What a sweet little man he is! i love him so much. You definatly make some adorable little boys! Love you!

Jessie said...

Congratulations! What a great day and easy labor! He is a beautiful little boy.

Shirley said...

Oh wait, Nash was a newborn for a day! I remember now! Amber you are so beautiful! I am so proud of you. Love you so much!