Thursday, June 13, 2013

38 Weeks

I've been having so many emotions lately with this pregnancy. I'm so excited to welcome little man into our family, I can't wait to see him. I'm excited to have a baby again, I'm excited to see Tyler & Gage's reactions. I'm nervous for labor and delivery, I'm nervous for the newborn stage. I'm anxious, happy, overwhelmed, busy, energized, you name it I'm experiencing it. This last month being pregnant is a huge mind trip. Half of your mind wants him to stay in and come when he's ready. I want to experience everything I can while I can. I want to be pregnant because part of me enjoys it. I want to appreciate every moment. The other part of my mind wants things to hurry up. I want those 4 weeks off work. I want to hold that sweet baby. I want to stop over analyzing every stomach twinge or back ache. This last month has for sure been the craziest! We had a good week though and I've been enjoying my little break from photography. I have my weekends back and that's been a blessing. Saturday my entire family went swimming at our pool, and we had it all to ourselves again. Afterwards we went to the Bees Game and Fireworks were that night. This week I've noticed myself trying to keep the house clean "just in case." All bags are packed and every last detail is bought. We're officially ready for you baby boy, come whenever you're ready!!

We had our 38 week appointment this morning and it was a great one! Our doctor was back and no other plans of leaving us! :) Blood Pressure is still good, heartbeat great, measuring right on. I'm now 3cm and 70% effaced. Little man is head down and she could feel his head, so he's dropped! Last week remember I was fingertip-1cm and 50%. She also said he was super high last week and couldn't find the head. So we made some major progress in the last week, thank goodness! It's crazy to think you have to get to a ten to push and I'm already at a 3! Makes things a little more exciting! I hope he comes before we have to induce. We also set an induction date on his due date June 26th. If he doesn't come before little man will be here by then! Woohoo! 

How far along? 38 weeks! 13 more days till due date! 
Baby's size? A Pumpkin or around 7lbs! 
Total weight gain: 37lbs! Yikes! I'm for sure swollen this week, I've got pregnant face and pregnant feet/hands big time! 
Maternity clothes? Yes, so ready for some change!
Sleep: Still really good. Waking up to go pee but that's really it. 
Best moment(s) this past week: Swimming, Bee's Game, and walks with Gage. 
Miss Anything? Being able to breathe and bend over. 
Movement: Yes, and some hiccups this week too. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Meat. 
Cravings: Coke
Labor Signs: Nothing! 
Gender: Boy!
Symptoms: Nothing really this week besides feeling super pregnant. My belly is huge but I'm actually quite fond of it. :) 
Belly Button in or out?  Flat, it's kinda almost sticking out. 
Wedding rings on or off? off, super swollen fingers.
Happy or Moody most of the time: You name it I'm feeling it. 
Looking forward to: These final weeks, our anniversary this weekend, and fathers day!

38weeks1
Some comparison.....
18weeks


your baby at 38 weeks
  • She may have about an inch or so of hair already.
  • She's slowly shedding that white goo on her skin (called vernix caseosa) but you might see some of it at birth.

No comments: