Monday, August 29, 2011

Where does the time go?

When you get pregnant and have a child the number one thing you hear is enjoy it now. Everyone tells you how fast it goes and to enjoy every moment while they're at a certain age and stage. I feel like we did, I documented like crazy, photos, videos, while the moment was happening I was completely involved and loving it. I've always loved every part of motherhood, I think the little things I've enjoyed most. Sadly the past week I've realized that I'm starting to forget how it feels. I'm forgetting how it feels to hold a tiny newborn. I'm forgetting how it feels to be pregnant and feel the kicks. I'm forgetting how it felt to be up all hours of the night with a newborn (not saying I miss that). As much as I don't want to admit it Gage is not a baby anymore, he is getting less and less needy. He talks as much as any 4 or 5 year old. Yesterday his sentence of choice was " I don't want to do this anymore mom I'm bored." I'm not quite sure I'm ready for another baby but I'm sad I'm forgetting what's like to be a mother of an infant. So as much as you "enjoy every moment." As much as you live for the small things, life happens and you forget how those moments felt. Thank goodness for all my photos!

I'm in no hurry to rush these moments. No hurry to finish having kids and be done. I've heard a lot lately I want to have all my kids while I'm young so I can enjoy life when they're old and have their own families. Not me, I feel like life is about two stages. One being life before kids, and the other life with kids. Why rush anything, enjoy these moments now! Right now I'm happy, content, blessed, and proud. I'm so thankful to have everyday with Gage!

5 comments:

Emily said...

isn't it crazy how fast those precious memories tend to fade? like you said - thank goodness for the photos and videos! i feel like time starts to move way way too fast once you have kids. those moments don't last nearly long enough!

Shirley said...

It is truly sad how fast they fade. Krew is only 12 months old and it is a blur! Breaks my heart! I agree thank goodness for all the pics! Loved going down memory lane seeing Gage's baby pics!

Katie said...

I don't know why I liked this post so much (I don't have kids so I really have no idea what you're talking about haha) but it was really sweet. :)

P.S. I love your hair!

Kim said...

That was so beautiful and so true Amber!! Their is no certain way that works its what works for you...I loved having my kids far apart and yoy guys are best friends.

Vanessa said...

AWWW. gagey is the most handsome little man alive!! i sure love him.. I agree though it flys by way to fast and they grow right before your eyes =(