Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Lagoon and Fathers Day

First off a few photos of our Anniversary date! Self timer on the first one.
We decided to take Gage to Lagoon for us to celebrate Fathers Day. We knew going on a Saturday it was going to be packed but we made it work. Gage had already been to Lagoon with my parents and auntie Shirley for my dads work lagoon day so he was a pro. He was so excited it was like Christmas to him. He talked about it non-stop, mostly about the Tigers (the train). On the way there he kept saying, we here? we here? We hit the bumper cars first, he loved these!
He was 36in so he could ride some of the bigger rides. He loved the new roller coaster Bombora, he did it twice with each of us. He has no fear at all.
He would wait so patiently in all the lines, while other parents struggled to keep their kids entertained I looked down at him and thanked my lucky stars! :)
He loved the train, the animals are really cool but sadly have no room. I have a really hard time with Zoo's and especially Lagoons animals.
We decided to do Lagoon a beach cause Gage loves the water. Well the water was cold, way cold so that didn't go so well. We only lasted a good 20 minutes there. As we were walking out of the park to leave we left his swimsuit on for the fountains. He had a blast, we had to pull him away from them starting a huge meltdown. I think the splash pad and gateway will be fun for him this summer.
He was soaked!
When we got home I took a shower and came out to this. Best thing ever, they were exhausted!
We had a great day, Happy Fathers Day to my amazing Papa who I just don't know how I would get by without! And to Tyler, who is the best Dad ever to Gage!
On the real Fathers Day I had a wedding booked. Tyler had originally planned to spend the day with his dad and family. Well before I left for Park City I took some garbage outside. It was raining way bad and Gage wanted to come out with me, I told him no and he started crying when I walked outside. Well turns out the door caught his fingers and he was crying cause of that. They were pretty smashed and he wouldn't move them. After an hour or so of no moving and them swelling up Tyler decided to take him in. I was so bummed I couldn't be there, I was a nervous wreck. Thank goodness they were not broke just sprained, the doc taped them up and sent him on his way. By the end of the night we took the tape off and no more swelling and he was moving them fine. So Tyler spent most of his day playing doctor to this little stink.
I think he enjoyed the attention!
Lastly here are a few photos from my dad's lagoon day, I got from Shirley's blog.

No comments: