Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Brynlee's blessing and a few extras

We started off the weekend with our Valentines date presents for each other. We went to dinner, Jazz Game, then out with friends! It really was such a perfect night! Dinner was good and fast, the Jazz game was way good, our seats were great and they won! Now if you know me you know I'm not the biggest sports fan. I enjoy going to the games but it used to be for the mascot, cheerleaders, food &drinks! Well I actually watched this game, yes the entire game! I loved it, and actually caught myself booing when the other teamed made their free throws (is that what you call them?) In reality any night with just the hubs and I is a great perfect night!

This is Jamie, if you haven't ever met her you should, she makes me happy! We are night and day, but she puts up with my crazy planning and I put up with her crazy spontaniousness. Love you Jamie!!

Sweet Brynlee got blessed Sunday, and it was perfect! This was the first time my little family had been to a LDS church in years. It was during little mans nap time so I was a little worried of how he would do. He had a slumber party the night before with his cousins Kingston & Graycee. They were up till 11:00 partying and running grandma & grandpa like crazy! Well I guess this was the trick to getting a super enjoyable, happy, funny, obedient child. Gage was so incredibly good this day that I started thinking of no more naps, but I don't think that would go well. Whenever we took pictures he would give this smile....
So of course we had to take tons!!
He was so good during church, I was such a proud mama! For the first half he just sat next to Grandpa and listened and watched, he was so calm. During the second half, he had some milk, marshmellows and colored with Kimberlee. Two funny stories... During church they have ward business where they swear new callings in and what not. Well they have everyone raise their hands for yay or nay. During this Gage raises his hand during the nay part, keep in mind this was our first time in church. He is such a ham! Second story, while he was coloring Woody & Buzz he made sure to yell out Woody, Woody, WOODY, a few times. I guess this is why moms don't take these sort of things for kids to color during church. It just didn't sound too great.
Doesn't he just look so handsome in a suit!
See wasn't lying about the smiles, I guess he is a photographers child!We then went back to Bradon's families house for a luncheon, and wow the food was great! Brynlee's blessing was so special, I caught myself getting teary eyed during it.
Even in the car he was a hoot! What a great weekend, full of people we love and want to be around! Some other good news, my mom and I received the daycare grant we applied for! We each get $1200.00 to spend on new stuff! We get to start buying the end of this month! I'm so excited for some new stuff for the kiddos, they sure deserve it! Photography is also going so well, I have 5 weddings booked, and one in the works. I'm doing things a little differently this year with scheduling cause of Tyler's school. I'm only booking out a few months in advance, not like last year when I booked for the entire year pretty much. When I open months up I book out fast, so I guess I'm doing things right. I have the best clients ever, and thankfully I've never really had to advertise! This Sunday will be one year since my first session, can you believe it! I have learned so much since I started, and I'm 95% self taught!! I still have so much to learn and I still learn something new with every session! Photography has been the biggest blessing, it has taught me so much about myself and what I can do and handle. I've had some rough times but it was made me better in the end! I'm extremely proud of myself this week, so go me!

Tyler is doing so well with school, we are so thankful he doesn't have to work while going. Midvale has really done so much for us! He is so smart and when he talks to me about things I'm so lost! Things will be getting a little more crazy in the next month or so when his clinicals start. I think he's really excited to get going with those!

Life is good!

4 comments:

Shirley said...

Gage's cheesy smile is beyond adorable. I love him! Gage was a doll Sunday but he always is! It was a very special day. Looking forward to Monday!

Katie said...

hahahaha "Woody, woody, WOODY!" haha That is priceless. :)

I can't believe how amazing both of your businesses are doing - that is AWESOME!!! You should definitely be very proud of yourself! :)

Kim said...

Loved reading your blog so nice and sweet what a cute adorable family you have!!! Dont forget Gage also folded his arms sitting next to grandpa..

Emily said...

love this post! it's full of so many good things! congrats on getting that grant... what a big help! and congrats on making it your one year mark with photography. you're definitely a natural :)