Sunday, September 12, 2010

Our Bad Day

Yesterday September 11, 2010 Gage lost his first tooth. He was taking a bath with his best friend Kimberlee when he slipped and smacked his tooth. I was doing a photography session at the time. I called Tyler at work as I was leaving the session to hear about the news. I bawled my eyes out on the way over I had no idea what he was going to look like or how he was. Just thinking about it I was a mess, thankfully I wasn't there. When I got there he was outside playing, smiling from ear to ear like nothing happened then he opened his mouth.

After calling around we found out to get him into a dentist on a saturday that it would be $300+ just upfront. We talked to our family dentist and Shirley Pedi dentist and both said as long as he is eating,drinking, in no pain and not swollen we could wait till Monday to take him in. He was doing great and acting completely normal so we decided to wait till tomorrow. The dentist said that either two things happened he either lost his tooth and swallowed it, cause we can't find it. Or it got knocked back up into his gums, which sounds weird but they said it actually happens a lot! If it got knocked into his gums then it would just come back down in a few months. I think though that it got knocked out because the top of the tooth that is left is pretty bumpy. Poor guy can you imagine this happening to you, I bet it was so painful. Shirley said he cried for a few seconds and bled very little. Shirley is really traumatized from it and I feel so bad for her as well. As I said in my Brad Paisley post below I already knew Gage was going to be a hand full. He has no fear and no limits to what he thinks he can do. Sadly If I can't handle a broken tooth I'm afraid of what might come in the future. I think we might be getting him a helmet! It just goes to show that no matter where you're or what you're doing, and even if you're right there with your kids you can't protect them from everything! I think he's proud of it, don't you?The tooth fairy came last night and got him Popsicles,Finding Nemo, and Shrek, he was happy!He is now my little Redneck Son, I couldn't love him more!

4 comments:

Shirley said...

Ooohhh Amber as horrible as all this has been I really enjoyed your post and how you but everything into such sweet, calming, supportive words. I love Gage like he is my very own and I promise I would and will always protect him. Yes he does look proud and he does make one cute Summer teeth! Love you Redneck!

Jessie said...

He is still as cute as can be! I am hoping on the side that the tooth went back up!

Brittany said...

Oh man amber! I almost cried just thinking of it! He is such a cute little boy!

Katie said...

Poor guy, good luck at the dentist tomorrow. Its a good thing kids bounce back and heal so quickly, judging from the smile it pictures he's doing pretty well.