Wednesday, November 19, 2014

2014 the year of running.

When Shirley asked me to do my first half marathon this year I had no idea the love I would find. I ran 3 half marathons this year and each one with different challenges. The actual race isn't hard it's the training. Finding time to run hours a day can be difficult. Without my family there would be no way I could've done it. I love the feeling I get during the race. The runners high is amazing and the sense of accomplishment is huge! I know for sure I will continue this love! 
In September Tyler and I did the Sandy Fire Half. It was hard, with half of it being uphill. We still finished in 2:20 and I took 22 place out of 70 or so females. This was for sure my most challenging. 
Gage has even took to running and he won his schools fun run. He got his own medal and he bragged about it for weeks. 

Brandon, Tyler and I did the Drop 13 half in June. We didn't train a lot and we thought the constant decline would be easy. Well running downhill is a huge challenge and we were left sore for weeks after. We did though finish in 2 hours and 7 minutes, the fastest time for me. It was a beautiful race, all down big cottonwood canyon. 

No comments: