Monday, February 21, 2011

My baby is TWO

I feel like I've been planning this for forever. What can I say I love parties and birthdays and I believe you should make them BIG! I can't believe 2 years ago I experienced the best moment of my life. Tyler and I couldn't imagine our life without Gage and I'm pretty sure he knows how much he is loved! It all started with this.... Then a year ago we celebrated his big 1st! I swear Gage is going to be a comedian, he keeps us laughing constantly. Some favorites...
-I'm pooping, and he says this even when he's not just so we don't change him.
-When he hands us things he says "Here Honey."
-He always laughs at himself when he "farted."
-He loves to do things that are "naughty" and will say "Look at me!" Yes we are in trouble!
-He loves to dance, here he is dancing to his favorite song!




-He has started a new habit that he likes to do while watching cartoons and in the car.
-Thanks to aunt Shirley he loves anything dress up. That usually is girlie stuff. I consider him very lucky because he has such good buddies! This is his other best friend, they're two peas in a pod! Lucky for him he gets to see his friends daily!
-The other day we were sitting on the couch reading a book and he counted with us to 10. I about died! He also knows tons of songs his favorites are, ABCS, Twinkle Twinkle, Itsy Bitsy, and If you're happy and you know it!
-He is a great eater, he loves fruits, veggies more then any kid I've seen. He has to be in a weird mood to eat chicken nuggets, corndogs, mac &cheese, not your normal kid!
G (2 of 1)

-He is a terrible sleeper, I guess he always has been. We take the blame for most of it cause we never really were good at crying it out. He will have a middle of the night flip out about once a month, which could be worse. His bedtime routine that was always no problem is getting sketchy too. I know he still needs naps cause if he doesn't get one he falls asleep anywhere. Also there is no way we could move him into a big boy bed cause he would never stay in it. I guess we will just go with the flow on this one, having kids means getting no sleep right? Ha Thank heavens for coffee!

-He loves his cousins, grandmas , grandpas, aunts, uncles, so much. He is so lucky to have such close family that would and already does do everything for him.

-He has the best manners! He will say, bless you when you sneeze (this just happened yesterday) thank you, please, welcome.

-He is such a great talker he can pretty much have an entire conversation with you. He still moans and whines when he wants some things but for the most part he is doing great!

-He is crazy obsessed with Gabba again. We thought we were free of it for a little while there but oh no. Everytime he wants to watch cartoons it's for Gabba. Thankfully he has started loving Cailou, I guess he has to be just like Kimberlee!

-He loves his back tickled and to play with your hair. He would much rather prefer a forhead kiss then a lips.

-"Schoopy" and him are such good buddies. I'm so thankful for all my boys!

-He finally is getting much better with goodbyes. We used to have to sneak out but now we can say our goodbyes, I Love it! He also is doing way better with telling family goodbye!

-He learns so much from us, like the other day I was making juice from the frozen can. He got into the spoon drawer and grabbed me out a big one to stir it. Of course he hands it to me with "Here Honey." I have to say I enjoy being called honey way better then Amber!

-He prefers Tyler to do anything physical rather then me. Tyler is known for chasing around the house, blanket rides along the hardwood floor, forts, hide o seek, get mom games, I guess I'll stick with the boring safe stuff!

-He plays with himself so well, like right now he's playing with mixing cups talking to himself! Don't get me wrong though, he is as active as they come and he has never really been mellow.

-He is so independent but always has been. He has to do everything for himself. It's hard for me but I hope it continues on this way.

-Sharing has been difficult at times, somedays are great, somedays not so much!

-He has to help with everything. When we go grocery shopping he has to carry in bags for us. He loves to help clean, help put away dishes, pretty much he has to be involved in all that we do!

-He is a huge flirt, especially shopping. Whenever we get to the register it never fails the lashes do their job. I get a lot of oh he's so cute comments out shopping!

-If their is something he can jump off of he will, he loves to do things that will probably cause a few injuries in his lifetime!

-I don't know if I ever posted about his tooth but it has all came back down. It has a small chip but I just love it, it gives me character! Thankfully it came back healthy and white, the dentist was really impressed!

I know that was a lot and most of you probably skipped it all! This is mostly for my blog book! If you didn't check out his two year pictures here are a few more! Ga16bw copy
Ga14edit copy

Ga18 copy
Ga20bw copy
Ga25edit copy
Ga15 copy
Ga2bw copy
And you know I had to do it, here is Gage's past year, what an amazing year it was! Turn up your volume and listen to one of my favorite songs, it's perfect for Mr. Gage and us. Also it's crappy quality, sorry about that!

Gage, Dad & Mom love you more then you'll ever know!


8 comments:

Stacey said...

Beautiful Amber!!! =)

Shirley said...

How does it feel to have the sweetest, cutest little son ever! Wow that was the greatest tribute post ever. I love that little man like he is mine! I can't express to in the right words how incredibly THANKFUL I am to have the relationship that we do and to be passing that same relationship down to our children. Happy Birthday Gage! You are beyond freaking adorable! I love that you love to dress-up with Aunt Shirley and Cousin KD (can't wait for mom to see your 'shoe' pics that will be posted soon! We love you so much ! Love always and always Uncle Bandon, Aunt Shirdy, Cousin Emberlee and Koo!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Amber!! =)

Crazy-Cranimals said...

WHAT A STUD!

Kim said...

Love it Amber ...What a great job. He is so loved and he knows it!!! I love videos they are so special and they say it all I will watch it over and over.What a handsome strong grandson I have so PROUD.. Love Mom

TJones said...

Happy 2nd Birthday adorable boy! You guys are some lucky parents. What a fun kiddo!

Casey Lee said...

You did a great job! He is adorable.

Jessie said...

What a great post! Gage is so cute and I love all his little things he does and says! Great memories! Happy Birthday Gage!