Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers Day Weekend

I started off the weekend with running the Breast Cancer 5k on Saturday. I did it last year and really enjoyed it so I was excited to do it again. This year there was so many more people and it was pretty crazy! We managed to finally get downtown after not being able to get on two trax trains. Luckily we found close parking and everything worked out ok. I'm so proud of myself because I ran the entire race and pushed Gage in the stroller. My running partners Natasha and Jamie made me want to keep trucking along. What a beautiful event to be apart of, I wish I could do more for things like this.

My amazing running buddy, he was so good! Every time we passed the cheerleaders or bands on the side he would smile and point. He loved watching everyone and passed out some treats to fellow runners. haha!
I made this shirt to show some support to 3 amazing ladies. They're all battling breast cancer right now and they're hero's in my book. Rochelle is a long time family friend. Monica is my good friend Mika's mom, she has been battling BC for 19 years now. Leticia is my good friend Carlos
mom, she has also been battling BC for many many years. I'm amazed by them all. Our little group!
Sunday morning I woke up to Gage bringing me in my card and present. He had the biggest smile on his face, I melted right there. I got a few rare hugs and kisses that morning as well. We had some time to spare before breakfast so we gave Snoop a much needed bath. He wasn't to excited about it you can tell from this picture. But his best friend was there to give him loves when he got out.
This was my second mothers day and being a mother has been the best experience of my life. When Gage is happy I'm happy and I will spend my life making sure he is happy! He is my biggest accomplishment and my world!
We met up with my entire family at Mimis Cafe. It's kinda a tradition for us to get reservations there for mothers day. We had great service and a great time, filled with yummy food.
Gage was too funny during breakfast, he kept us all entertained. He sure loves attention whether good or bad. When all eyes are on him he is happy and content. Yes he is spoiled I know.
My Mothers Day gifts were fantastic. A beautiful boutique of flowers and this baby. An external hard drive to store all my photos! I needed one so bad but have been putting that purchase off! Thanks Tyler and Gage!
After Gage took a quick nap we headed over to Tyler's Grandparents. They had a lunch at their house so we stuffed our faces some more and visited with everyone. I love Tyler's family I feel so comfortable around them.
All the great grand babies!
We then headed home for another quick nap then we headed over to Grandma Julies.
It was really nice visiting with her and Gage was so excited to see Grandma.
All in all it was a great day, busy but great. I have the most amazing mom and everyday I hope I can raise my children just how she raised us. She is the most inspiring person I know and beautiful inside and out. I love you so much mom, you're not only my mom but my best friend!
If this video works, it is Gage dancing away at the 5k.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

You are a fantastic mom and I look up to you and all you juggle in your life while continuing to be the best! Love ya!